We, SCC EVENTS GmbH, Olympiapark Berlin, Hanns-Braun-Straße/Adlerplatz, 14053 Berlin, Tel: +49 30 / 30 12 88 – 10, Fax: +49 30 / 30 12 88 – 40, are the operator of this website and responsible for the collection and processing of personal data. The protection and security of your personal information is a high priority for us. In the following, we provide information about the type of data we collect and for what purpose.
You can contact our data protection officer, Mrs. Nicole Rosenfeld, at SCC EVENTS GmbH, Olympiapark Berlin, Hanns-Braun-Straße/Adlerplatz, 14053 Berlin, by phone at +49 30 / 30 12 88 – 10 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Collection and processing of data
⇒ When you visit the website
When you visit our website, a temporary record of each access is stored in a log file. The following data is automatically recorded and stored until it is automatically deleted at the latest 7 days after being collected:
- IP address of the requesting processor
- Date and time of access
- Name and URL of the requested file
- Web site from which our site was accessed
- Data identifying the browser software and operating system.
The purpose of recording this data is to allow use of the website (connection setup), to provide stable and longterm system security, as well as to make the technical administration of the network infrastructure and the optimization of our Internet service possible.
The IP address is only evaluated in the event of fraudulent access to the network infrastructure or for statistical purposes.
⇒ When you register for one of our events (see, for example, https://www.scc-events.com/corporate/veranstaltungen/)
The required information includes:
- Participant data (gender, first and last names, nationality, date of birth, address and email address)
- Payment details
- Results data
We collect and process your personal data provided as part of your registration for the purpose of organisation and execution of our event and your participation in it.
Additional requested data is voluntary (e.g title, club, Jubilee bib number, personal chip, telephone number)
⇒ When you use the contact form
If you contact us via our contact form, we collect the following obligatory data:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Race number
We only use this and any additional voluntary data to best support you with your personal inquiry.
2. Transmission of data to third parties and publication of data
- ChampionChip: If you rented or purchased a ChampionChip from our partner Mika Timing GmbH during registration for one of our events, the collected data will be transmitted to Mika Timing GmbH. The sole purpose of transmitting data and allowing Mika Timing GmbH to process it is to enable them to mail the ChampionChip to you and to provide you any necessary support. If you purchased a chip, that data also makes it possible to designate ownership of the chip for following events. If you rented a chip, the data is used to contact participants via email who did not return their ChampionChips after the event, in order to notify them and to collect the resulting fee. You can view the details regarding the contract with Mika Timing GmbH in their Terms and Conditions.
- Abbott World Marathon Majors: If you gave permission, your first and last name, nationality, year of birth, email addresss, and overall and age group results from the BMW BERLIN MARATHONS will be transmitted to Abbott World Marathon Majors Ltd. (USA) for the purpose of possible participation in the Abbott World Marathon Majors results (AWMM), the AWMM Age Group Championships, and for publication of the AWMM Star Finisher information on the website www.worldmarathonmajors.com. You can withdraw your permission for future transactions at any time in writing, e.g. by mail or fax.
- Live-tracking of your race (at the BMW BERLIN MARATHON): If you agreed to allow live-tracking during your registration process, your position during the race will be available live during the race via the BMW BERLIN MARATHON app and on the results page for the BMW BERLIN MARATHON. Depending upon your selection, tracking will be available as follows:
- “Private“: if you selected “private”, your position can not be tracked by any third parties during the race via the app, nor via the results page.
- “Code“: if you selected “code”, it is only possible for people to track your position if you have provided them with a code that we will give you;
- “Public“: if you selected “public”, anyone can track your position during the race;
- Publication of the race results: The results from your participation (first and last name, race number, club, year of birth, gender, age group, ranking, and time) will be published after each event on the online results page, and additionally for the BMW BERLIN MARATHON in both the printed and online edition of the Berliner Morgenpost.
- No further transmission: No further transmission of your data to third parties takes place, unless you have given explicit permission to do so or it is legally required to do so, or, if it is necessary in order to implement our rights, especially with respect to fulfilling our rights laid out in the contract with you.
If you gave us explicit permission, we will use your email address to regularly send out our newsletter to you. At the end of each newsletter you will find a link to unsubscribe at any time. You can also unsubscribe at any time by sending an email to email@example.com.
Cookies help in many ways to make your time spent on our websites easier, more comfortable, and more logical. Cookies are small alphanumeric files, which are only temporarily stored by your web browser on your hard disk for the duration of your visit to our website.
Cookies do not send information stored on your hard drive to us and do not cause damage to your computer or your files
On some of our websites we use so-called “session-cookies” to make using our websites easier and to carry out online registration. Cookies are small text files, which are only temporarily stored on your hard disk for the duration of your visit to our website and deleted after the end of your browser session, depending on the settings of your browser. Cookies do not retrieve information stored on your hard disk and do not cause damage to your computer or your files. Most browsers are set to automatically accept cookies. However, you can deactivate the storage of cookies or adjust your browser to inform you when cookies will be sent.
If you deactivate cookies, it is possible that you will not be able to utilise all functions on our website.
5. Information concerning Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a website analysis service by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called"cookies", text files that are stored on your computer to analyse your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website (including your IP address) is sent to and stored at a Google server in the U.S.A. The IP addresses are anonymous, so that it is not possible to associate you personally to the IP address (IP-masking).
Google uses this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activities for website operators and to provide other services related to website and internet activities. Google may also provide this information to third parties if legally required or if the data is authorized by google for processing. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. You may prevent the installation of cookies by adjusting the settings of your browser; however, if you do so, you may be unable to use all features of this website. In addition, you can download and install a Browser-Add-on that will hinder the collection of data through cookies during your visit to the website (including your IP Address) and prevent Google from processing this data.
As an alterntative to the browser add-on, especially for mobile device browsers, you can also hinder the collection of data by Google Analytics by clickling on this link. An opt-out cookie will thus be activated that will thus hinder the future collection of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website, and it will be stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, the opt-out cookie must be reactivated.
Additional information regarding privacy with regard to Google Analytics can be found at Google Analytics Help.
6. Social Media PlugIns
7. Information regarding data collection for press accreditation
For data collection that is required for press accreditation for our events, SCC EVENTS retains the right to verify the provided data with the contractor/news agency/press association. The collected data (including digital press IDs) are deleted within six weeks after the event.
We utilise adequate technical and organisational security measures to protect the personal data you provide to us against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete data loss, destruction, or illegal access by third parties.
9. Information, correction and deletion of data
You have a right to information about the personal data collected about you and a right to correct incorrect data, as well as to block or delete it. If you would like to have information about the collected personal data, would like to correct incorrect data, or block or delete it, or if you have any additional questions about the use of your personal data, please contact us: Olympiapark Berlin, Hanns-Braun-Straße/Adlerplatz, 14053 Berlin, Tel: +49 30 / 301288 - 10, Fax: 49 30 / 301288 – 40, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that if you decide to have your data deleted, it is possible that you will no longer be able to use or fully use our services.
We will update these guidelines concerning the protection of your personal data from time to time. You should read these guidelines occasionally to be informed about how we constantly improve the protection of your data and the contents of our website.