Changing area / sanitation
Showers, changing tents and toilets are available in the finish area (no lockers). Furthermore, there are toilets at the end of each refreshment stand.
For personal belongings please use the the clothing drop-off (see point clothing drop-off).
List of prohibited articles in the start/finish area
The following items are prohibited for safety reasons in the start/finish area of the exhibition ground.
- Weapons of any kind, including those items that are used as weapons, batons, shock and stabbing weapons or missiles.
- Gas spray cans, corrosive, flammable substances, dyestuffs or receptacles containing substances which are harmful to health or are highly flammable (exception: Standard pocket lighters).
- Bottles, cups, jugs, cans or other items that are made of glass or other fragile material.
- Bulky items such as ladders, stools, (folding) chairs, boxes.
- Fireworks, flares, smoke powder and -bombs or other pyrotechnics.
- Flag or banner poles, which are longer than 1 m, or whose diameter is larger than 3 cm, and "double holders" (brought or approved flags and banners which have a "flame-retardant" material).
- Mechanically operated sound-emitting devices such as megaphones, klaxons.
- Laser pointers
- Larger quantities of paper and paper rolls.
The tents for the clothing drop-off will open at 1:30 p.m. between the Reichstag and the Chancellor’s office (Yitzhak-Rabin-Straße, Platz der Republik). Make sure to get there in a timely manner to avoid unnecessary stress before the race.
Please use only the clothing bag and label that you received with your race documents. Do not put any valuables or breakable items in your clothing bag. Either take them with you or leave them with family or friends.
The organiser does not assume any liability for lost or damaged items.
Entrance to the start area
The start/finish area is only open to participants. For security reasons, only skaters with official race numbers can enter the start area. Please make sure that your wristband which will be tied around your wrist when fetching your race documents is still in place. The start area will open at 1:30 p.m. You will need to leave your friends and relatives behind. Dogs and bicycles are not allowed. We recommend to choose the entrance according to the location of your clothing drop-off.
Subjekt to change
Event schedule and time limit
Saturday, September 15, 2018 Time Competition NEW! 11:30 a.m. Kids Skating at the marathon home stretch (6-13 years, registration on site) 3:10 p.m. mini-MARATHON (running) 3:30 p.m. Inline Skating Marathon Sunday, September 16, 2018 Time Competition 8:50 a.m. Wheelchair competitors 8:58 a.m. Hand cyclists 9:15 a.m. Runners and Power-Walkers (no Nordic Walking)
All times subject to change! The race will start regardless of the weather, unless a weather warning from the German Weather Service exists.
Time limit: 2:30 hours net
How to get to the start
For this event no parking space is available. Please use public transportation.
Start area: Straße des 17. Juni, between Brandenburg Gate and "Kleiner Stern". Nearest stops of Public Transportation:
Underground: Friedrichstraße (U6), Hauptbahnhof (U55), Bundestag (U55), Brandenburger Tor (U55), Potsdamer Platz (U2)
Regional trains: Hauptbahnhof (RE1, RE2, RE7, RB14), Potsdamer Platz (RE4, RE5)
(jeweils ca. 10-15 Minuten Fußweg)
S-Bahn: Hauptbahnhof (S5, S7, S75, S9), Brandenburger Tor (S1, S2, S25), Potsdamer Platz (S1, S2, S25), Friedrichstraße (S1, S2, S25, S5, S7, S75, S9)
(always 10-15 minutes walk)
Map of start / finish area
Helmets are obligatory
Helmets are obligatory for all inline skaters. Further protective equipment is recommended.