The start is located at Straße des 17. Juni between Brandenburg Gate and "Kleiner Stern".
Not a good idea, since there is no parking space available at this event. We kindly ask you to use public transportation.
By public transportation
A great idea, because on race day between noon and 10:00 p.m. your bib number is valid for public transportation (zone A and B). The bib number must be carried with you.
Nearest stops of public transportation (10-15 min walk):
- Underground: Friedrichstraße (U6), Potsdamer Platz (U2), Hauptbahnhof (U55)
- S-Bahn: Hauptbahnhof (S3, S5, S7, S9), Potsdamer Platz (S1, S2, S25, S26), Friedrichstraße (S1, S2, S25, S26, S3, S5, S7, S75, S9)
- Regional trains: Hauptbahnhof (RE1, RE2, RE3, RE4, RE5, RE7, RB10, RB14 RB21, RB22), Potsdamer Platz (RE3, RE4, RE5, RB10)
- The start/finish area is only open to participants. For security reasons, only skaters with official bib numbers can enter the start area.
- The start area will open at 01:30 p.m.
- You will need to leave your friends and relatives behind. Dogs and bicycles are not allowed. We recommend to choose the entrance according to the location of your clothing drop-off.
Saturday, September 28, 2019
- 11:30 a.m.: Kids Skating at the marathon home stretch
- 03:10 p.m.: mini-MARATHON
- 03:30 p.m.: Inline Skating marathon
Sunday, September 29, 2019
- 08:50 a.m.: Handbikers (Elite)
- 08:56 a.m.: Wheelchair competitors
- 08:59 a..m.: Handbikers
- from 09:15 a.m.: Runners (in four waves)
- time limit: 2:30 hours (after crossing the timing mat)
- The schedule and course are subject to alternations!
- The starting blocks are organised by your best time as stated in the registration.
- If this is your first marathon race, you will start in the last block (Block F).
- All participants deserve a fair race, so please be honest during the registration process and enter the correct block on race day!
A – women speed < 1:20:00 hours*
A – men speed < 1:08:00 hours*
B – fitness < 1:15:00 hours* (new)
C – fitness < 1:26:00 hours*
D – fitness < 1:40:00 hours*
E – fitness < 2:00:00 hours*
F – fitness ≥ 2:00:00 hours* or first inline skating marathon
* stated time at your registration
For safety reasons, the following items are prohibited in the start/finish area:
- Weapons of any kind, including those items that are used as weapons, batons, shock and stabbing weapons or missiles.
- Gas spray cans, corrosive, flammable substances, dyestuffs or receptacles containing substances which are harmful to health or are highly flammable (exception: standard pocket lighters).
- Bottles, cups, jugs, cans or other items that are made of glass or other fragile material.
- Bulky items such as ladders, stools, (folding) chairs, boxes. Fireworks, flares, smoke powder and -bombs or other pyrotechnics. Flag or banner poles, which are longer than 1 meter, or whose diameter is larger than 3 centimeters, and "double holders" (brought or approved flags and banners which have a "flame-retardant" material).
- Mechanically operated sound-emitting devices such as megaphones, klaxons
- Laser pointer
- Larger quantities of paper and paper rolls
Every year we receive messages from sad participants who can’t find their time in the results list. That’s not on behalf of us nor in the participants‘ interest.
For this reason:
- Wear the chip on your skate (no metal contact) or at your ankle (tape).
- Do not wear it above the calf, the chip won’t measure your time when you pass the finish line (not in pockets or as a necklace).
- The chip should not get in contact with anything made out of metal.
- To avoid transposed numbers: please compare the chip number stated on the bib with the numer on the chip. Please contact the support team if the numbers are not identical!
As it is not always easy to provide adequate refreshments to the inline skaters during the marathon, we provide you with a water bottle. There are also three emergency refreshment stations. However, feel free to bring your personal hydration pack with your own beverage.
- You are only allowed to bring a hydration pack with max. 2 liters in the start area.
- You are only allowed to carry beverages in the hydration pack, we will do bag checks at the entrances.
Changing tents and showers are available in the start and finish area.
There will be sanitary facilities at the end of each refreshment station.
We kindly ask you to skate without headphones to hear the warning signs from your fellow skaters or from volunteers along the course. You would also miss the amazing cheering by the spectators and live bands.
The tents for the clothing drop-off will open at 1:30 p.m. between the Reichstag and the Chancellor’s office (Yitzhak-Rabin-Straße, Platz der Republik). Make sure to get there in a timely manner to avoid unnecessary stress before the race.
Please use only the clothing bag and label that you received with your race documents. Do not put any valuables or breakable items in your clothing bag. Either take them with you or leave them with family or friends.
The organizer does not assume any liability for lost or damaged items.
Helmets are obligatory for all inline skaters. Further protective equipment is recommended.