You can find precise information on how to register for the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON Inline Skating here.
The BMW BERLIN-MARATHON Inline Skating is organised according to the regulations for competition of the German Roller Sports and Inline Federation (DRIV).
- Participants aged 17 (age group 2003) and older are authorized to attend the race.
- On the course, only inline skates (wheel size max. 125 mm ) and quad skates are permitted.
- Helmets are obligatory for all inline skaters! Further protective equipment is recommended.
The registration fee is staggered:
- 1-4,000 registrations €75
- from registration 4,001 €95
- The registration fee is 125 Euros + the inline skating fee valid on the day of your registration.
- A double start is ONLY possible for runners who have a starting spot!
Your BMW BERLIN-MARATHON package (only available for participants)
- 20 min massage (at the MARATHON EXPO and only available within this package)
- 1 adidas Event-Shirt
- 1 medal engraving
Please note that this massage is only available on the days of the MARATHON EXPO from September 24-26, 2020 and only bookable within this package. On the day of the event there will be massages (free of charge) for all participants in the finish area.
Medal engraving with your BMW BERLIN-MARATHON finishing time
Pre-order the medal engraving and have your personal finishing time engraved in your medal in the fnish area – hassle-free with no need for cash.
BMW BERLIN-MARATHON Photo Package
Sportograf will be the official photo partner for the upcoming BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2020, covering your special moments from start to finish and in between! Themore than 40 photographers will capture your ups and downs, your smiles and tough times and are offering stunning perspectives including the famous sights of Berlin in the background. Once the event is over, your photos will be online within the shortest time - sorted by bib number and professionally post-processed. You want personalized photos telling the story of YOUR BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2020? Then make sure to have your bib number visible at all times, run at your best and Sportograf will do everything else.
Once the photos are online, you automatically receive an email with the download link to your race photos. The package includes all your personal images, as well as a great selection of scenery and impression shots of the event.
Your HD race video
Preserve your memory of the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON in HD quality as a 1.5 gigabyte download of your race in a zip file format. See your marathon race recorded by two cameras (km 21 and finish) and share it with your family and friends via Facebook and Twitter. The video download also includes the highlights and a course view of the race.
The link for the video download will be sent to you by e-mail a few days after the race. There will be extra costs for purchasing a DVD.
Race Number Magnets- Magnets to attach you bib number
Good bye safety pins. Attach your bib number with the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON bibbits and get running.
=> Price set of 4 safety pins: €8.90/ set
Your carbo-boost – the Pastalounge
In 2018 we initiated the „Pastalounge“ for you to brace yourself for the upcoming 42,195 km race and to get to know fellow runners in a pleasant atmosphere.
The „Pastalounge“ is situated in the so-called „Showroom“ at hangar 5.
Enjoy an Italian inspired pasta buffet, non-alcoholic drinks as well as a glass of "ERDINGER Alkoholfrei" at the following hours:
•Thursday, September 24th
•Friday, September 25th
•Saturday, September 26th
Price made with race entry: €20
Price on site: €25*
*bookable as long as places are available.
If you have pre-ordered the "Pastalounge" or a massage with the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON package, you will receive an e-mail with further information on how to reserve your preferred time slot around ten days prior to the event.
Your BMW BERLIN-MARATHON Finisher Tee
A soft, cozy Tee for post-marathon relaxation.
Finish strong, then relax in this extra comfortable finisher t-shirt. Show the world that you are part of the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2020 Community The t-shirt is made with super soft, lightweight fabric. It features sweat-wicking properties to help keep you dry and is made with recycled polyester to save resources and decrease emissions.
Material: 100% recycled polyester
Your BMW-BERLIN MARATHON Event Tee
Stay dry and cool as you push for the finish line.
The t-shirt is exclusively designed for the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2020. The lightweight, breathable and moisture-wicking fabric keeps you dry and the regular fit provides comfort during your run. This t-shirt is made with recycled polyester to save resources and decrease emissions.
- Material: 100% Polyester
- Design: surprise
Your official BMW BERLIN-MARATHON Legend Jacket
The must-have, iconic running jacket for BMW BERLIN-MARATHON fans and athletes
The track jacket is made of lightweight sweat-wicking fabric. It has a stand-up collar to keep out chilly gusts of wind. The jacket is made with recycled polyester to save resources and decrease emissions. The colour combination is designed exclusively for the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2020. A unique souvenir.
- Regular fit
- Stand-up collar
- Long sleeves with cuffs
- Mesh-lined body
- Main: 100% recycled polyester plain weave; Lining: 100% recycled polyester mesh
- This jacket is made with recycled polyester to save resources and decrease emissions.
- Soft, silent, lightweight fabric
- Sweat-wicking fabric; Front pockets; Full zip; Drop shoulders
- BMW BERLIN MARATHON 2020 graphics on front and back
- You will get all your pre-ordered products at the MARATHON EXPO as well as your race materials.
- adidas size chart Download
Not enough for you? Find the complete collection online or at the MARATHON EXPO.
Saturday, September 26, 2020
- 11:30 a.m.: Kids Skating at the marathon home stretch
- 03:10 p.m.: mini-MARATHON
- 03:30 p.m.: Inline Skating Marathon
Sunday, September 27, 2020
- 08:50 a.m.: Handbikers (top athletes)
- 08:56 a.m.: Wheelchair competitors
- 08:59 a.m.: Handbikers
- from 09:15 a.m.: Runners (4 starting waves)
- Time limit: 2:30 hours net (after passing the timing mat)
- Participants, who are slower than the time limit 2:30 hours (after passing the time measure mat) must leave the course and continue on the sidewalk or ride in the broom waggon to the finish. Only participants who skate over the finish mat until the finish time will receive a medal, refreshment and massage.
- The schedule and course are subject to change.
Your start card
- is your personal ticket to the MARATHON EXPO and thereby to your race kit
- will be sent out by e-mail in mid September 2019 (please check your spam/junk folder).
Your race kit
You get your race kit:
- ONLY at the MARATHON EXPO 2019 and ONLY during the opening hours:
- Thursday: Sep. 24, 2020: 02:00 p.m. - 08:00 p.m.
- Friday: Sep. 25, 2020: 11:00 a.m. - 08:00 p.m.
- Saturday: Sep. 26, 2020: 09:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- former airport Tempelhof, Platz der Luftbrücke 5, 12101 Berlin
- ONLY with your start card AND a picture ID (passport, driver's license)
- ONLY in person (no power of attorney accepted in any case)!
Your race kit consists of:
- a bib number and safety pins
- an athlete's wristband – we attach it to your wrist at the MARATHON EXPO. It is your ticket to the start area – do NOT remove it before leaving the finish area.
- a rental chip, if ordered (if you have your own chip, please bring it with you)
- a clothing bag
- a goodie-bag with presents from our sponsors
- vouchers on your bib number for a water bottle and your pre-ordered merchandise from the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON collection
If you have pre-ordered the "Pastalounge" or a massage within the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON package, you will receive an e-mail with further information on how to reserve your preferred time slot around ten days prior to the event.
Please find all information regarding the course here.
Categories according to the German Rollersports and Inline Federation 2019 (DRIV).
We classify and honor our participants in the following categories:
- Masters (1990 and older)
- Seniors (1991- 2001)
- Juniors (2002-2003)
There will be separate rankings for men and women.
If you participate with quad skates and have selected this category in the online registration, you will be listed in a separate ranking.
- Time keeping is done exclusively with the ChampionChip!
- The ChampionChip is a small plastic transponder that has to be fastened on your skate (no metal contact!) and will measure your personal race time.
- Please find the different possibilities below.
Owner of a chip
Please provide your chip number during the registration process (seven-figure combination of digits and letters) .
You can purchase your chip during registration – it’s that easy:
- The amount will be billed together with your other fees.
- Your data will be saved in our system.
- The chip will be delivered via postal mail.
- You can use the chip for many different events worldwide.
⇒ Price: €31
You decide for a rental chip:
- The one-time rental fee is €6.
- Return the chip within two hours after the event.
Chip-rental with purchase option
- You choose the chip rental during the registration for the one-time rental fee of €6.
- You do not return the chip but rather keep it after the event – the purchase option is triggered!
- €25 (difference between the already payed rental fee and purchasing price) will automatically be billed to your provided method of payment.
There are different locations in the finish area where you can return your chip until 08:00 p.m. If you have not returned the chip by 08:00 p.m., the purchase option is triggered.
A marathon guide service is offered by "Experts in Speed". More information and registration is available here (in German only).
The medical care is in the responsibility of the medical team from the organzier as well as from additional paramedics. The assigned staff is authorized and obligated to remove participants from the race who are hurt or overexerted.
Every person who decides to participate in a marathon should undergo a medical check-up at least once a year.
Refund of the registration fee
We apologise for any inconvenience but we are not able to refund any registration fees due to the high logistical and organisational effort.*
Race number transmission
is not possible since it is person and event-related .*
Do I need a medical report?
But: when you do a free medical check- up at the MARATHON EXPO and the doctor advises against the participation of the BMW BERLIN-MARTAHON, we will give you a voucher over a share of the registration fee. To attain the voucher give back your bib number and provide your anonymized data for sports medical purposes. The voucher is person- related and only valid for the event in the following year with submission of the medical report.*
* for detailed description see general terms and condition
The cancellation insurance will be processed via the product “GENERALI cancellation insurance” by Europ Assistance Versicherungs-AG. It is an insurance covering your participation fee in case of cancellation as a consequence of specific events. Any booked extras are not included.
What is insured?
Please find all information with regard to the insurance coverage here:
Insured events are e.g.:
Unexpected and serious illness.
Death, serious injuries following an accident, complications of pregnancy or falling pregnant after taking out the insurance policy
Loss of employment and subsequent unemployment due to unexpected redundancy.
Substantial damage to your property as a result of fire, water pipe rupture, natural hazards or unlawful entry of your property by third parties (E.g. burglary) if over 50000 Euros.
Sum insured: corresponds to the insured registration fee.
What is not insured?
If you do not attend the planned event because it does not take place or is postponed.
Are there any restrictions on cover?
Some events are not covered by the insurance. The following, amongst others, are not insured:
If the insured person fraudulently attempts to deceive about circumstances that are relevant to the cause or the amount of the loss or if the insured person intentionally caused the loss
Acts of war, civil unrests and acts of terrorism.
If the loss was foreseeable at the time the participation to the race was booked or the policy was taken out.
What are my obligations?
You must report each and every insured loss without delay.
You must submit the requested documentation.
When and how do I pay?
The one-time premium is due immediately after concluding the insurance policy (binding registration for the event while booking the insurance). It must be paid using the payment method agreed upon.
When does the cover start and end?
The insurance cover begins with binding registration for the event, but not before the conclusion of the insurance policy. This is conditional upon your payment of the premium. Otherwise, insurance cover shall start to take effect upon payment. It ends with end of the event in question. Any risks during the event are not covered.